I love making up craft kits to give as gifts to people I know to be keen makers. Here's one we recently created for my daughter's friend's birthday. She's eight years old, enjoys making things, and loves a bit of sparkle and glamour. We think this kit will hit the spot and go down a treat.
Here's what went into the kit:
1. a pack of polystyrene craft eggs
2. glitter glue pens in assorted colours
3. a couple of packets of foil sticker stars
4. two packets of stick-on gems
5. a trimmed section of an egg-box and a cocktail stick to fashion into a stand for the egg being decorated
6. a picture of some Faberge eggs for inspiration
[image from www.forbes.com]
And here's the kit box - decorated by my daughter...
Of course, we are now desperate to have a go ourselves, and as it's coming up Easter I think we've got a great reason to make some time to decorate some eggs - Faberge-style.