It's officially cold here; the cars were covered in frost and we all had icy breath as we walked back from school today. Hats, scarves, earmuffs and mittens are most definitely required.
What better way to warm us up when we get home than with a mug of hot chocolate. Here's how we make it chez Deering - Buddy and Daisy in charge of proceedings of course.
1. Measure out desired milk quantities in mugs of choice.
2. Transfer milk into microwaveable jug and heat up for about 1 min 30s.
3. Meanwhile mix 1 tsp of cocoa with a little milk in each mug to form a thick chocolatey paste.
4. Add 1 tsp of sugar to each mug.
5. Pour in warmed milk and stir, stir, stir until the chocolate paste has melted into the creamy liquid, and there you have it - comfort in a cup.