Saturday 28 July 2012

Made with love


This is quite possibly the best cake in the world, ever. Not because it's an incredibly more-ish and moist carrot cake with cream-cheese icing - which it is. And not because it has pretty, sparkle-dusted petals like a dew-covered flower - which it does. No, this cake is as special as special can be because we baked it together -  Daisy and me -  from scratch, in our sun-filled kitchen, just this afternoon.

How different then today has been to six years ago, when I was waiting - rather impatiently, as I recall - in hospital for her to arrive. And how calm it's been compared to all the 28ths of July since, when we frantically prepared for all her on-the-actual-birthday parties. This year, we held her party in term time - some two weeks ago now. 

Today, it was simply fabulous to spend some hassle-free and relaxed time in Daisy's company on the eve of her sixth birthday - just baking and chatting, and absolutely loving the sophisticated and charming wonder of a girl she's become, more than I could ever put into words.


She told me these are her best and favourite things at the moment:-


Yummiest food : pancakes, sweetcorn and nectarines
Favourite word : invisible
Pudding choice: ice cream
Best toy: Snuffy, her bedtime bear
Pattern preference: loops and dots
Favourite music: Dancing Queen by Abba
Coolest clothes: her 'Parisian scenes' play-suit
Best film: Matilda
Favourite book: Angelina Ballerina on Stage


So Happy Birthday to our gorgeous Daisy Plum - who shares AA Milne's view on the matter of being Six:



'Now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever. So I think I'll be six now. For ever and ever.'
                                                                                                                                      A A Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please leave your comment here.